Saturday, October 27, 2007

Sketches are everywhere. really.

Do you have stacks of stamping & scrapbook magazines at your house? I know I do. Love 'em & can't get myself to toss ANY of them. I can look at them months later & find something I missed last time. It's like that with the Stampin' Up! Fall-Winter collections too. I've been through that catalog SO many times - LOL! BUT, I decided to look at it differently the other day. I was not *shopping* (like I usually am!) but instead looking at ALL the sketches in there. In every book & magazine you can find a "sketch" for a card or layout. I sometimes look at samples and skim over them and try to decide if I really need a particular stamp set and totally miss the showcased project. Well as I was looking through the catalog, I really liked the card on page 30 "A is for Apple". Now I didn't have the Give Thanks stamp set, but the "sketch" caught my eye. After making a number of girl birthday cards, I thought I'd try & get a couple of boy cards done too. So, I took the layout of that card & made my own version here :)

hope you're having a sunny weekend!
-.j.

No comments: