Chocolate Raspberry Squares
1-3/4cup all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup Margarine, softened
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 tsp. almond extract
1 cup red raspberry jam
1 cup chocolate chips
3/4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 13x9 pan.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly combine flour & sugar. Cut in margarine ( you can use a pastry blender, I just use my hands) until mixture is crumbly. Add egg and almond extract; mix until thoroughly combined. Set aside 1 cup of flour mixture for topping.
- Press in remaining flour mixture into prepared baking dish. Evenly spread raspberry jam over dough.
- Thoroughly combine reserved flour mixture, chocolate chips and almonds. Evenly spoon topping over raspberry jam & press with the back of a spoon.
- Bake 40 min. or until lightly browned. Cool in pan on a rack. Makes 2 doz.