Thursday, November 04, 2010

A little at a time....

It's working! {insert big smiles here!!} I'm leaving my scrapbooking stuff out and as I wander by I catch 5 minutes here or 10 minutes there to quickly add this or that. Of course that has forced a bit of homeschooling upstairs, but I can live with that :)
Pages take me longer to do as I don't have big chunks of time, but I am so enjoying the time I am getting between the schooling, laundry, cleaning, meal preparing... well you know!
This is a page from last summer - photos aren't great, bad lighting in here, but I wanted to snap a shot before I put them in the album.
I used a SU scrapbooking kit which helped pull things together (and speed things up), a bunch of letters (as I went through ALL my stickers & rub-ons I found quite a variety!), some new chipboard from Maya Road (aren't those little trees darling?!) ... I was so pleased to get my second spread done - feels good to be on my way.
I got 100+ photos from Walmart and just went through them tonight. SO disappointed, the quality is the pitts. Total waste of $20 plus bucks. Live and learn. I think I will try out shutterfly or another online service next time. For now (as I don't want to break the roll I'm on) I'll try printing a few must haves on the computer and fishing out a few I can save from the pile (ones that we don't all look like we've been smothering ourselves with fake tanning creams!)
I need to start thinking of Christmas cards too! I have a little idea in my head, but my goal is to USE what I HAVE so we'll have to see if I can generate something with supplies I have on-hand. I know it's sort of a lost tradition - sending "real" cards in the mail. I do wonder if people realize we still have postal services and not just e-service :) But I am determined to keep those paper hugs flowing... and I love doing it!
I hope you're finding time in the business of life to create - it sure refreshes me!

1 comment:

cedargirl said...

Sweet little garden you guys made! Great double LO! Good for you to be drive-by scrappin'. I love that you still send handmade cards at christmas too. I am sure the post office thanks you :) If I can get my desk sorted I will join you!