Thursday, December 14, 2006

Has it been a WEEK?!



Where does the time go during the Christmas rush! Wow, it's been a week since my last post -- shame on me :-) I tempted you with recipes & then I go into hiding for a week ('cause I was bakin' all those goodies!!). For my stamping ladies I made up little Christmas packages for them. I had never made biscotti before, but a friend of mine gave me this recipe and they are SO good!! So if you're in one of my stampin' groups and having a peek on here, you've caught a glimpse of your Christmas goodie from me. I always like to include a recipe when I give someone baked goods. Then if they love it, they can make more, and if they have allergies, they will know what's in the treat. So... without further delay - THE RECIPE.....

Chocolate Almond Biscotti
2 1/4 cups flour 6oz. white chocolate
1/4 cup cocoa Almond Extract
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 cups chocolate chips
1-1/2 cups slivered almonds
4 large eggs
1-1/2 cups white sugar
**Preheat oven 350 degrees. Mix flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt, chocolate chips and slivered almonds well in a bowl. In a new bowl, beat eggs & sugar until mixture holds a ribbon-like trail when lifting the whisk. Add flour mixture. Shape into a log on a cookie sheet (I find the dough VERY sticky! I also find it easier to make it into 1-3 logs as it REALLY spreads during baking). Press & flatten as desired. Bake 25 minutes, cool 20 minutes on a rack. Cut into 3/4" strips and bake an additional 12 minutes. Cool completely and dip tops in melted white chocolate with almond extract to taste.
ENJOY!!! Let me know how you like them.
Merry Christmas!

No comments: