Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Clutter.

It's a nasty word isn't it. Everyone has it. OK, not my neighbour in Port Hardy!! But *MOST* people have it. Stuff. Junk. Papers. We give it many names, but bottom line - it's clutter and it DRIVES me crazy. I've done a couple "programs" via magazines & online (my fav is www.flylady.net) but it still amazes me how clutter creeps in slowly until I'm drowning in it YET AGAIN. During this move (any oh there has been many) I decided to ELIMINATE clutter - not pack things I didn't love, use or need. Honestly though at the end everything was getting thrown in a box as I couldn't decide with my stress/sleep derived self! At any rate, I have decided once we move & get a place (because no matter how it looks at this moment, I'm CERTAIN it will happen {the house we decided to rent, the landlords changed their minds and put it on the market instead - ack!}) I will again go through each box and ONLY bring in what I love/want/need. The sticky part comes when it's something that directly belongs to me. Oh yes... CHILDREN! You know what I'm talking about... every drawing is SO SPECIAL, each toy (broken or not) is PRECIOUS and trying to DECLUTTER their room is a difficult & daunting task. BUT... school is starting so I'll be sneaky and do it while they're gone! I was reading Ali's blog and found this site on clutter... http://www.simplify101.com/quick-simple-clutter-control.php It reminded me of my goal this fall. To have a clutter free which often brings a calm peace to a home, well, at least our home. And as stampers & scrapbookers you & I both know how clutter can be OVERWHELMING in our craft space. I find it nearly IMPOSSIBLE to be creative in a total disaster. Yes, I get messy & love it, but I need to start fresh and clean each time I begin and I also need to have a spot for everything so I'm not wasting all my time searching for what I need. So I will be focusing a bit on here too on how my progress goes. I hope you will join me on this journey...

PSSssT! - Happy Anniversary love! 14 years of amazing...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha! I continually fight the clutterbug too!