Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Birthday Catch-Up

I think I've shown you these cards before... what would I do without my card stash!! This month I've been so behind in everything. With our travels ending, arriving back to Alberta without a place, searching for a place, trips to Edmonton for my daughter's new braces, school wrap up, and dealing with 3rd trimester weariness.... WHEW, it's been BUSY! So when I finally sat down to do some "office" work I realized I had missed a birthday (or two.... or was it three?!) We had to get them out PRONTO so off we went to my handy-dandy Stampin' Up Craft Keeper and found a few cards that would work. Then we hunted for a birthday card for a party tomorrow and a thank-you card that needs to get sent out to Sarah's sweet friend Eden! I was so thankful that I had a good stash to choose from.
Do you keep a stash?
Paper & tag is Stampin' Up (you can see what a hoarder I am by how long ago those copper rimmed tags have been retired!)
Main image is Whipper Snapper Design and the sentiment is unknown (I'll have to hunt for it, I like it! :)) I colored the image with Copic Markers.....
This is one of my all-time favorite stamps from Penny Black. I smile every time I use it - too cute!! The Happy Birthday stamp is SU as well as the ribbons & brads.
Again I used Copic markers to color - I ♥ coloring!
I believe this stamp set is called Frolicking Frogs by Stampin' Up! One of those cute stamp sets that has lots of images to play around with and use wherever on the card. It's hard to see in this photo, but the frog was cut out (yes, looks like it was painstaking, LOL) and popped out on the card. I used a punch to create an opening where I used a rub-on - you can't stamp after you've run your base through the cuttlebug, so I had to reach for a rub-on. :)
I'm looking forward to stamping up some baby cards... need to hunt a bit for some inspiration! Send a link if you see something cute ☺!
Hope you're having a fantastic day!
.j.

1 comment:

cedargirl said...

OH MY GoodNeSS! What a sweet on habd stash you have. You have some adorable cards there. I am sure the belated birthday persons will be so happy that the celebration lasted just a little longer and they got their card from you at any time! Had to laugh at the copper rim tag as I have some OLD items kicken around too.