Thursday, June 24, 2010

JOY

I've been really thinking of the verse in Nehemiah 8:10 that says the joy of the Lord is my strength. I'm not sure if it's because I'm tired in this final leg of pregnancy, but I was pondering just the same. I was thinking, what does that really mean? The JOY of the Lord is MY STRENGTH. Then I got to thinking about joyful people. Aren't they just wonderful? When you are down, whether it be simply lack of sleep, stress, heartache.... isn't so refreshing to be around a joyful person? I find it so uplifting and in fact it gives me some strength. Smiles are contagious, someone else's joy being shown to me is filling. Thinking of this made me think of God in his greatness and great love for me, is such a joy! To meditate on His goodness, His mercy, His love, His joy ... how strengthening it is!
Just a little pondering today. Makes me realize too, how my joyfulness can touch those around me. How my attitude effects those around me - makes me want to exude JOY! Overflow so that those around me are being filled as well. Not always an easy task, but the joy of the Lord is always there... how sweet it is.
After getting this ball at the store, it popped very soon after we had brought it home. Huge tears and much sadness :(
We went back later in the afternoon to replace and how happy she was!
I love what $3.97 can do!!

1 comment:

cedargirl said...

What an excellent thing to ponder! And what a joy to be recieving another sweet baby into your family. Remember the joy and blessing of that as best yo ucan in labour and draw strength from the Lord's joy there. Sometimes like love, I think joy is something we choose to give and/or receive. Here's hoping your cup runs over!!!