Saturday, July 03, 2010

Baby Thanks

We've been working hard downstairs as we set up our school area and my stamping space. It's finally set up {enough} where I can have a space to stamp. Ahhh. Life is good :) Now if only I had the energy to stamp. Seems like lunch time rolls around and my body thinks it's midnight - ah yes, the joys of third trimester. I have 6 weeks to go before we meet this baby boy, and I already have so many people to thank for their blessings!! So I was determined today to get down there and stamp a couple cards, my oldest daughter even worked on one (I'll show you hers tomorrow). This was our "summer holiday" week with the kids so we had tons of kids over, playmates over every day and so unpacking & stamping didn't happen. We start up our new school year on Monday and everyone seems excited to crack open those new books, and dig into a new year. It will be lots of fun.
So here are a couple cards I made quickly this afternoon using one of my new PTI stamp sets. Remember what I said about using up ribbon & buttons! HA, both cards have a bit of both! :)
I stamped this darling little onesie on some {very} old SU design paper, cut it out and used stampin' dimentionals to pop it up from the Mellow Moss (do they still call it that??) cardstock that I ran through the cuttlebug. The heart is another retired SU punch that I added a little button to. :)
I had a left over piece of the design paper and I thought I'd just use it again on this card. I thought it probably could have been a little larger, so added some paper piercing along the right edge to add a little "lengthening" ?? Everything is SU except for the stamp set used and the polka dot ribbons. Well to be honest, I dumped all my buttons together in color families (*gasp*) so I don't know which ones are from which company anymore.
So... a couple down and many more to go - what a blessing that is!
Now I must get myself to bed so I can get us all out to church in the morning :)
.j.

1 comment:

cedargirl said...

Oh MY Goodness those are so CUTE! Love the colour sceme. They are truly sweet thank you cards! So happy for you to be back at your stash to create. Congrats on getting your space wet up!