Saturday, July 10, 2010

Baby Simplicity

Well, hubby is back to work, so I'm back to crafting :)
Today was a day off school - I ♥ Saturdays. After a nice walk with hubby, breakfast to all the kidlets, some clean up, and a little catch-up school work with Joshua - it was lunchtime! LOL. So... after lunch I got down to the stamp nook and pumped out some cards (I'll share those with you soon). It was a cloudy day today so the kids enjoyed a movie which gave me some peaceful stamp time.
Normally when I have a specific card I need to make in multiples (like my baby thank-you cards) I would pick a design and stamp a stack. For some reason (probably the drought of stamping) I just want to play & create! So I didn't stamp any two exactly alike. I still have more baby thanks to make (we've been so blessed!!) so I may end up copying a few designs at this point, but for now - I'm playin'!
This card was literal made with bits & pieces I had lying on my table. A piece of cardstock that apparently had a hole in it and I figured I'd just try to make it work :) It was fun to try to take some simple elements and make a card work. :)
I'm feeling great with using up so many bits & pieces, scraps and snippets!!
OK - kids are in bed and I'm hoping to sneak down and stamp a wee bit more.. yahoooo!!

1 comment:

cedargirl said...

I LOVE that you used little snippets to make your card. Would not have guessed that unless you had said something. It feels great to use the scraps and peices!