Sunday, July 25, 2010

Pink Trees.

Pink trees? Yes, pink trees. Maybe it's all the blue I've been working with these days, I thought I needed to play a little with some pink!
This is a stamp set from SU (I think the last one I bought from them) called Trendy Trees. I love the quirkiness of the trees which I think lends themselves perfectly to a little playfulness (like pink!)
I'm still working through my scrap bins and when I found this polka dot paper, I thought it would work great as a second color. (Better get green in there somewhere!)
The center tree is popped up using stampin' dimensionals, some sewn on buttons, a few gems on either side of the sentiment, and a scallop edge made with the slit punch.
Complete.
I'm putting my birth announcements together now in hopes to have most of the work done BEFORE baby's arrival. My son is praying baby arrives on the 29th (that'll be a couple weeks early - which I've never been!!), but my kids' birthdays are {in order} the 20th, 23rd & 26th... so he's really hoping this baby follows the pattern :) I thought if he's praying that hard that only gives me FOUR days - I'd better get busy here.
I hope you have enjoyed your weekend, and you have a blessed week ahead of you.
.j.