Thursday, July 15, 2010

It's a party

Wow, 36 weeks today.... "only" four to go.... well, I've always been late with my babies, so perhaps 5 or so! :) Although what a GIFT to be on time!! I have the excitement of meeting this new precious gift, the fear of labor (even though it's my fourth), and so being done with being pregnant. I remember how I LOVED being pregnant before... perhaps it's this extra 10 years on me, but I'm so exhausted these days (I suspect, a huge travel home, moving, unpacking, starting our homeschool year this month could have something to do with it as well *wink*). Although feeling this little boy move around inside me.... the best! (even when he's in my ribs!)
Well my baby (who is now 9!!) is off to a birthday party tomorrow and is SO excited. She has had so much fun playing with this little boy at church and a few homeschooling functions so when she got the invite she was giddy! I've been so drawn to the brown papers, so I pulled out my Kraft (SU) cardstock and one of my all-time favorite SU stamp sets (In the Stars) to make up his birthday card. I don't think I will ever tire of this stamp set - ♥
I used the set Birthday Banter to stamp the candles along the back and then stamped and cut out the stars (one is the retired SU folk star punch) and then scattered a few stamps right on top. Very simple, very quick.... but perfect for a 9 year old boy!
I'm hoping to get into my stamping nook this weekend again. I need to focus on my baby announcements! I find during the week there's no time to stamp (*gasp*) and by night my eyelids are closing all by themselves...zzzzzzzzzz........
...which they are doing as I type.
So I shall sign off - hope you've had a week with some great memories --
.j.

1 comment:

cedargirl said...

I love this clean and simple card! So fun! The new name of your old favorite card stock is Crumb Cake, but we all know what it is, lol. Happy stamping!