Monday, July 19, 2010

Giving Thanks

I got down in my stamping nook yesterday afternoon and managed to get some
time down there again today - even though it was a school day! :) I'm trying to get all my family/relative birthday cards and occasion cards done for the year so once baby arrives I'm not scrambling (or simply too tired to get inky!). So you will have some non-baby cards to see again... although admittedly, there are more baby ones to come!
I'm still USING up scraps in my bins. I'm trying to *only* cut into a fresh piece of cardstock to form a card base, otherwise, it has to come from the scrap stash. It amazes me (A) how many scraps I have and (B) how far a scrap can go!
The base of this card is Confetti Tan, scallop edge is ?? Apricot (maybe??) and the design paper is also SU.
The stamp is from Whipper Snapper... the full stamp has a chicken sitting on top (you'll see a card with the full stamp soon), but I'm really trying to use stamps in versatile ways.
My brother & SIL sent the kids their birthday gifts and she did such a special job to wrap each one in each child's favorite color - Orange for Miss Sarah, Blue for Joshua & Purples for Megan. So when I had a lightbulb moment with these gift boxes, I thought I'd color each one in those specific colors for a personal thanks from each child. I even added their initial to the little tag on the gift!
The gifts are popped out using Stampin' Dimensionals. I've been going through loads of these -- not sure why everything has to have depth these days... funny how I go through phases! I fished around my stamp collection to find 3 different 'thank-you' sentiments as well.
Now that I've finally made some cards, I need to sit tonight, write in them, address them and get them in the mailbox!! For some reason that last step can take the longest!
I wish for you a fantastic week...
.j.

1 comment:

cedargirl said...

that is a pretty little thank you card! Cute idea on personalizing the colours of the packaging!