Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Hedgehog birthday

Well, I think I've gotten all my "main" cards done for the year. Whew! Feels good to have them completed and filed away for birthday deliveries. I still have to make some children birthday cards as there's always parties going on and it's so nice to have a stash for the kids to choose from and not be scrambling to make something.
This card is for one of my nieces. In our move I rediscovered many single stamps I had boxed up. I found as a Stampin' Up! demonstrator many of these stamps got pushed aside as I focused on my business and tried to be strictly SU. Admittedly it's nice to have the freedom to play again and so all these packaged stamps have been brought out again! :)
I went through a "hedgehog" phase many years ago. Just fell in love with their cuteness!
This is a pretty simple card. Coloring was done with Copic markers, and I added stickles to each flower (hard to tell in the photo) so they all shimmer :) What little girl doesn't like a little shimmer! I ran the paper (PTI) through my cuttlebug and because it's white on the other side I was able to sand it and reveal white bumps :) I thought that was fantastic (and something new for me!) A simple mat and bow to complete it.
The hot water tank is getting replaced today -- started leaking last week. UGH. Thankfully it was able to get replaced before baby's arrival. Tomorrow is the original DUE DATE, but I think the doctor has changed it to the 20th now. Nothing like hitting that nine month mark only to have another week and a half added to it! HA.
My Mom arrives Saturday and she said her suitcase is full of fabrics and projects... so that will keep us busily sewing until baby decides to make his entrance! I will post some of the projects we make along the way... and hopefully soon news about our little boy's arrival.

No comments: