Sunday, August 01, 2010

Simplicity.

Sunday.
I love Sundays. The quiet afternoons, games, walks, crafting time....
This week will be a bit busier with my in-laws visiting for a few days (they're hoping baby decides to come early) and hubby will have a few days off too (yahoooooo!)
A good week if I do say so myself.
This was a quick card. I'm still working on birthday/special occasion cards for the remainder of the year as I know my arms will be full soon and I wanted to have that all in order. I'm almost there, just a couple more to go. In order to get there though I had to go with the "less is more" motto for a few. I find that concept easier for masculine cards.
I used a PTI stamp set and my go-to Stampin' Up! set "Family Phrases" for this card. I stamped and cut out the frame and 'lifted' it with stampin' dimensionals (double-sided foam tape). I stamped the sentiment and used SU's window punch to place inside, a punched star and a stitched on button...
Super simple, but I liked how it turned out.
Less is more, don't you think?
Hope you had a wonderful weekend. Fresh new week starts tomorrow...
.j.

1 comment:

cedargirl said...

Clean and Simple cards are a refreshing thing to make sometimes. They are like little featured canvasses. So good to see you getting in some semi-regular stamping in!