Friday, July 03, 2009

Curried Rice Salad

I made this for the reunion, I loved it. Rice was a bit mushy (would use a different kind next time).... but the overall TASTE was Mmm-Mmmm-Good! ;-) I love salads in summer weather... cold dinners are delish - let me know if you have a salad to share, I'll try it out FER SURE!!! K, try this one:

Curried Rice Salad
2 cups cooked rice (best made the day before)
1/2 cup chopped onions
1 cup chopped celery
1 Tablespoon vinegar
1 tsp. curry powder
2 tablespoons salad oil (I used olive oil)
2 cups frozen green peas
1 cup mayo
Mix rice, celery, onions, frozen peas, salad oil, vinegar & curry powder. Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. Add mayo. Can be pressed into a mold and when chilled turned onto a large platter (can't do this... grosses me out for some reason to have MOLDED salads.... dunno??), served on lettuce leaves or just as is (I'm an AS IS kinda girl, LOL!)
Enjoy!
.j.

No comments: