Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Fabulously Sweet Pear Cake

OK, seriously, this is DELISH. A must try. Even if your pears are looking SAD and mushy, this my friend, is the perfect way to use them up!!

FABULOUSLY SWEET PEAR CAKE

Ingredients:
4 fresh pears (I used five because all 5 were way over ripe)
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 cup chopped pecans (we didn't have any so we omitted these)
2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla

Directions:
1. Peel and slice pears thin. mix sliced pears with white sugar, brown sugar, and nuts. Let sit for one hour. After sitting puree pear mixture in blender. (Again, I skipped this step. I mashed them up and although there weren't pureed it was fine)
2. Preheat oven to 350. Grease & flour pan. I used a loaf pan (it was huge by the time it was done), they call for 9x13, but I'm thinking it might not be enough batter??, some use a cake pan, whatever you've got :) Cooking time might change 'tis all.
3. By hand stir in until just blended; the flour, salt & baking soda. Add dry ingredients to pear mixture and add oil vanilla and eggs. Pour batter into prepared pan.
4. Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 15 minutes (loaf pan took an additional 20 minutes... might try two smaller loaf pans next time)

ENJOY! let me know what you think if you give it a try :)
.j.

No comments: