Sunday, August 12, 2007

FINALLY stamped!!


I finally found some time to sneak into my stamping room this afternoon. I have a very belated b'day gift/card to finish so I was able to get a box made up (didn't take a photo) and get a card done. WHEW. I used one of my favorite (but messy) techniques -- cracked glass. I know I've chatted about it before here so I won't go into any details (ask if you need 'em), but it was fun to get inked again! :)

I used Baroque Burgundy (retired SU color) and always artichoke as well as a piece of bazzil I had kickin' around to cover my chipboard photo corner with. Filed it down too. I sometimes like the look of white core when I'm sanding down edges. :) I had a ribbon along the bottom, but thought it was too heavy, so took it off & went with paper piercing instead.

Here's a close up of the "cracked glass" (3 layers of Glassy Glaze {UTEE}):


After a week+ of sick kids, it was nice to have a half hour to play. Of course now that they are all healthy the headache has hit me (*sigh*). Hopefully a nice sleep in will cure me :))))) If nothing else Daddy comes home in two sleeps.... him being home makes everything better ! :)

.j.

2 comments:

QuiltNut Creations said...

very nice! i haven't tried that technique yet. love the look of it

MarieK said...

This card looks awesome! I love the way you "speckled" it before you added the cracked glass and I like the frame ON TOP of it. Nice touches!

Thanks for sending me the link for the card challenge.

I'll add your name for the prize drawing.