Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Hugs & Kisses Cheesecake

OK, I really should have a photo for you, but we ate it! LOL. We love cream cheese, but they can be so expensive to make. MOST of the recipes I have call for 3 packages of cream cheese - OUCH. I love this one as it only calls for ONE! :) And it's still the perfect size for company.
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake a.k.a Hugs & Kisses
1 package cream cheese, softened
1 (14oz) can of sweetened condensed milk (I make my own)
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. flour
1 cup chocolate chips
oreo cookie crust (I'll use graham crust if that's what I have on hand)
chocolate glaze
whipped cream
chocolate curls
The process:
Preheat oven to 350. Beat cheese until fluffy, gradually add sweetened condensed milk - beat until smooth. Add egg & vanilla and mix well. Toss chips with flour and fold into cheese mixture. Pour into crust (use a spring form pan). Bake 35 min until center springs back when lightly touched. Cool. Top with glaze, whipped cream & chocolate shavings.
Chocolate Glaze:
Melt 1/2 cup of chocolate chips with 1/4 cup whipping cream. Cook & stir until thickened. Smooth over cake immediately. makes one pie or double for largest spring form pan (I use this recipe with the med. sized spring form pan)
enjoy! It freezes beautifully!
.j.

No comments: