Monday, June 29, 2009

Simplicity Stuggle.

I struggled a bit with this page. I wanted to force myself to have some empty spaces. I found a layout in CK that I liked and used as a foundation to my pages, but then didn't know where or how to do my journalling (hmmm....one l or two?). It is in fact on the back of this page. Not good. I know, no one will really ever PULL out a page, but it's in there. Journalling is one of the things I struggle MOST with. Just not sure where to place it on a page, how much to say... I'm a rambler :). Bet you already figured that out! ANYWAY.... here's the spread:
Base is a rich regal blue textured paper from Stampin' Up! I used a rub-on (SUPER STAR) for the photo of Joshua running in the top corner. I also used a rubon from SU on little Sarah as a dressed up clown to add a little whimsy. The title is made from "Thickers" (love them and must buy more). Along the bottom I added little bits to a couple of the photos: stickers and rub-ons. What a fun day that was, the homeschoolers put on an amazing event!!
Here's a close up. I used a few buttons along the title bar, the date is on a little piece of vellum, and I used the threading water punch (fiskars) for the scalloped edge.
Hello Monday.
.j.


No comments: