Friday, June 26, 2009

It's a girl! :)

My Mom's boss's wife's son. HA, how's that for a mouthful. My Mom knitted a beautiful sweater for her and wanted me to make a card for her. She said that Mom wasn't a too girly girl, but how could I resist pink! :) So I tried to tone it down a bit with some greens and browns. Anyone remember that design paper from Stampin' Up!? LOVE IT, still have some as I bought a bunch of it when it was retiring! :)

Stamp Sets - Bundle of Joy, In the Stars

Paper - Pink ?? (the new (now old) In color) -- KICKING myself for not buying more of this. I think this is SU's BEST pink THUS far. *sigh*, some mellow moss in there, and white.

I used the word window punch (folded over) for a little homemade embellishment with a brad through it. The ribbon is the gorgeous taffeta ribbon from SU (my favorite ribbon "series"). I ran the base of the card through the cuttlebug using swiss dots, again my favorite folder.

what do you think? Photo is a little off, artificial lighting in my room...

.j.

3 comments:

K. Saville said...

Awesome card Jen!

Jennifer said...

Thanks! The color is off due to a bad photo (natural light is *so* much better~!)

QuiltNut Creations said...

love that pink-it is the perfect one.

love the card. the giraffe stamp is one of my favorites