Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Big Pieces Page is here!!

OK - here it is. It's hard to make out the top "journaling" -- I went with an almost Green Galore rub on "Cherish the Moment".... Seeing as the photo has the date & place I didn't think I needed to journal too much (the compliment page will have the days events on it). During our cruise we kept a journal each day and I'm trying to incorporate that into each layout so that when someone sits and looks at & reads this scrapbook they'll feel all the excitement we did. :) So I used lots of bright colors of craft pads (they get the best coverage & are recommended for scrapbook pages apposed to classic or dye inks). Then I went crazy with punches -- used everything from 1/2", 3/4" and the larger 1-1/3" and 1-1/4"... it was really fun to do. I then asked my daughter if I could have a piece of her hot pink embroidery thread (she's so into friendship bracelets now -- I TOTALLY remember making those in grade school!!) & I sewed (yup, needle & thread) a variety of round buttons on the page. To add a little bit of interest, I pierced in a few funky brads & a few white snaps. Fun to go outside of what I'm used to. I also used a Versamark pad and stamped some stems and leaves underneath it all, but it doesn't come through great with the photo. In Mexico BRIGHT colors are everywhere.... so I went with it. What do you think?
I just thought this was such a hilarious photo of us!! First cruise, first time off the ship & we get greeted with this spunky gal to have our photo taken. The cruiseline then sells you all the pics they take of you. Had to get one of each port of call.
I tried to take a close up so you could see it up close & personal ;-)

Off to make that compliment page..... hmmmm.....might need to flip through my new Scrapbooks Etc. magazine to get some ideas (I'm a magazine junkie too!!!)

6 comments:

Scrappytbear said...

I love this page! That's awesome! I am thinking of scraplifting something like this! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

What a great job you did!! So inspiring!! Thanks for letting us see!

Alli Miles said...

Nice work!!!! I love this page. I might need to order this set now LOL.

Allison

Anonymous said...

Beautiful bright colors, I love it!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!
Thanks for the Ideas!!!!!

MarieK said...

I love this page - that reminds me I think I forgot to order BIG PIECES!

I'll be scraplifting this one for sure!