Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Blowing off the dust

Has it honestly been nearly 10 DAYS since I've been on my blog -- wow. Priorities shifted a bit as family needed me, but I think I'm back and able to post a little more again. Been suffering with sickness and bugs.... but I'm hoping that is all behind us now and we can get back to stamping! :) Yes, I'm still in a mess and yes most of my stuff is still all over the place & disorganized BUT... I had to stamp a card for a friend (Hi KIM!) and it was wonderful to STAMP! When she asked me I didn't hesitate even for a second to say YES!!!! as I knew it would FORCE me to actually do it.
I don't make Sympathy Cards too often so I wasn't sure where to go with it. I thought I'd use soothing and soft blue/grey hues and used the watercolor misting technique which I love! You simply use watercolor paper... ink up your stamp (in this case I used my Stampin' Write markers to color the stem and flower head different colors)... spritz it with a water bottle to give it a nice light misting of water... then stamp. Yes, that easy and isn't the result beautiful?! :)

What are you working on? I'd love to hear from you (see if I have any faithful readers! LOL)
enjoy your day!
.j.

2 comments:

kellycats said...

I love love love that card. Very beautiful. I really like the color combo.
I have been meaning to FB you and ask where you have been. The sickness bug has hit our house, Addy is down with a 103.5 fever. Fun Fun. Let's hope noone else gets it.

QuiltNut Creations said...

love this!

hope everyone is feeling better now