Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Challenge time....

No stamping last night. My nephew is working on a school project where they have to create an item with a $100 budget & then sell their item at a school "store" that they are "opening" tomorrow. He chose cards! :) How cool is that! So he came to Auntie Jen!!! He's 11 and he was so totally into it, very neat. His mom fell in love with the process too... kept saying THIS IS SO FUN. I would smile -- and nod with an "i know". :) So he was busy playing in my space, so this morning I decided not to run ( I know!) and stamp instead. Just needed some stamping time. I wanted to make a card for the owner of a scrap/stamp store that I love... .She Runs With Scissors! It's fabulous. A bit out of town, but she ships for free! She's incredible, friendly & soooo helpful. Thought I'd send her a little YOU ROCK kinda card :) Needing a wee bit of inspiration, I thought I'd play along with the splitcoast challenge this week. So... here's my take:

Stamps: billboardabella
Paper: Positively Pink, Basic Grey DS ( blush series), whisper white, chocolate chip, vellum (behind heart)
Ink: Brilliance graphite black
Accessories: SU Chipboard, ribbon, sage shadow eyelets, cuttlebug & embossing folder
Techniques: paper piecing
Hope you find time to accomplish a mid-week challenge. Could be stamping could be the laundry challenge :) haha.... enjoy your day.
.j.

No comments: