Monday, June 04, 2007

Happy Monday!


Between the laundry & a sick little one I was able to finish a card I started last night. I love colorbook stamps -- those ones that you get to sit & color as if you were little again :) Yes it does take a bit more time than your quick ink-stamp-ink-stamp-done... but the creative part of me, enjoys (when I have the time) to sit and take that extra time. I also tried out the cool idea I read somewhere to create your own *photo corners*. I used barely banana and punched first with the 1/4" square punch, then lined up with the 3/4" square punch and with that little square, lined up my metal ruler corner to opposite corner & cut diagonally with my hobby blade. SWEEEET! So easy and it added the little *something* I thought was maybe missing. I also have a ton of background paper that I bought a long time ago (I let my kids play & use it) as it seems a bit too blah for me. HOWEVER.... I found this stripe paper that I liked (sort of) and took my chocolate chip ink pad & ran it down the sides to distress it a bit -- ahhh, much better :-) I also was able to cut open my new cuttlebug slider template & cut out the ribbon slider, stamp with riveting & using a brad, adhere a little prima flower in the center. I was pleased with how it turned out :)
happy Monday !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Jen. I have just fallen in LOVE with the bella images and really enjoy seeing your creations.

Ila said...

I couldn't pass this bella card by without a comment. Totally Adorable card!!!