Friday, June 29, 2007

Summertime!


Ok so the weather isn't indicating this.... but the kids being home is :) I thought this jammybella was the perfect way to *celebrate* summer.... hangin' out in your PJ's without the rush of school morning routine. NICE!
I used Pretty in Pink for a card base & stamped the Flannel background stamp in Very Vanilla Craft ink. I like to use the heat tool to heat set craft ink (you then avoid those annoying smears while you work!). I stamped Bella in Stazon on watercolor paper & used an aquapainter & wonder crayons from SU (I think it's still my favorite *paint* medium). I pulled out my tearing edge. As a demo, I didn't sell many of these. To be honest I almost WOULDN'T let my customer buy them - LOL. Huge waste of $35 to do something your hands could do for free -- tear paper! HOWEVER, I digress! When I want that EVEN tear, I pull out. Just in those anal moments when I like everything to be lined up. And.... this was one of those "moments". So I used chocolate chip cardstock and matted my bella on Almost Amethyst. A little ribbon, some oval punches.... voila!

The drywallers are DONE in our house -- WOOOHOOO!!! So after my run this morning I'm off to the house & clean, clean, clean. Get ready for those painters and start painting myself. Ahhhh... yesterday we picked out all our appliances -- still looks like it'll be the end of summer before in & not the end of next month like we were hoping. Guess the cabinet guys are busy -- hold ups are so frustrating when it has nothing to do with you. K -- off & running ;-)
-j.