Thursday, June 07, 2007

Father's Day Project #2

OK, a day late -- but here it is. This is the mini album I made for my sweetie last year. It's my favorite *type* of album [ok the only one I've tried to make - lol], but it's very simple & at crunch time, I need simple!! I used 12x12 if I have it (saves paper & less cuts) and cut in 1/2 to make a 6X6 "album". Once you've cut in half, score in half and then piece together like an accordion. The great thing about this is you can make it as big or as small as you'd like [or time permits!!]. I used cardboard to make the front & back cover SLIGHTLY larger and covered with designer paper & decorated. I actually TORE the photo on the front & sponged ink on the edges to add some texture. I was nervous tearing a photo, but it turned out ;-)
Front of Album....

Page One was my page... I got to say mushy stuff about how wonderful he is [and he really is wonderful!!] and found a few photos that showed his playfulness. He's just a big kid at heart. He's sledding down those hills just as excited as his kids! SO CUTE!!!

Page two was my oldest daughters. She was big enough to print herself so I had her write some reasons why she loves daddy! :) Precious.

Page three was my son's. Not quite big enough to print [nor much desire] so I typed while he spoke... still his own words though.

Last page was our "baby". I tried to soften it by using vellum (great way too to use a less that crisp photo!)

Back Cover. Again, I like to date it. Also note that if you want to TIE the book together you need to run the ribbon across the front cover BEFORE you adhere the front photo so that the ribbon lies underneath!


And there you have it. Our book from last year :) I just finished one I made for my dad with some old pictures of when I was a little girl that I will post tomorrow or Saturday. Need to finish it up and get the photos taken. What are you all working on for father's Day?????
-j.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, this is gorgeous! I'm sure your DH will LOVE it! I gave my DH a similar book for our 10th anniversary and he cherishes it.