Thursday, September 27, 2007

CrispyBaked Bananas

Weekend is almost here. Looking for a little snack for you kids? Well, I found this and though Mmmmmmmmmmm.... bet my kids would have fun both in making it AND eating it!!

Crispy Baked Bananas
Prep: 10 min Ready In: 20 min Serves: 4
Ingredients
1-1/2 cups POST HONEY BUNCHES OF OATS Cereal with Almonds, crushed
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 Tbsp. honey
4 small ripe bananas, cut crosswise in half
1/4 cup thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
Directions
1 PREHEAT oven to 375ºF. Line 15x10x3/4-inch baking pan with foil; set aside. Mix crushed cereal and the cinnamon on large plate. Pour honey onto second plate.
2 ROLL each banana piece in honey, then in cereal mixture until evenly coated. Place in prepared baking pan.
3 BAKE 15 min. or until bananas are soft. Place two banana halves in each serving dish. Top evenly with the whipped topping.
Jazz It Up
Mix 1/4 cup shredded coconut with the crushed cereal and cinnamon before using as directed.

My son has a birthday party this weekend for a set of twins in his class so I'll post those cards soon.... just finishing them up. Nothing exciting (well I like one of them maybe, LOL). When I know it's an 8yr old boy who will probably just throw it away IF he looks at it - lol - seems to dull my creative juices.

No comments: