Saturday, September 22, 2007

When life gets you down.... STAMP! :)

Well, thanks to Marie and her card sketch challenge I was motivated to stamp something tonight. :) I needed a card for my nephew this coming week so I decided to take a break from my stress & stamp :) Felt marvelous to pull out the paper & sewing machine (extra points in the prize for that one! haha) and ink & play. Marie is an awesome stamper and has HEAPS of knowledge (make sure you bookmark her blog! You'll want to visit regularly!).

So here's my card for her sketch challenge. I used some SU DS Paper, along with Night of Navy, Kraft, Bashful Blue & a wee bit of watercolor paper. I painted with my favorite Wonder Crayons (those lovely COPIC markers are on my LIST!) & an aqua pen. I thought if I could lug out the sewing machine I could easily play with my cuttlebug. So I embossed the Navy & cut out the funky circles with a die. Fun, fun, fun.... oh, and I used Toy Box Stampin' Up! set :)


You'll have to excuse the photo quality. I took the pic in the evening without natural light.... blek. That OTT light? also on my list. Does the list ever get shorter? It seems when I stroke one thing off, I've added two more :)

-.j.

1 comment:

MarieK said...

Fabulous card Jennifer! I love all the cuttlebug stuff - the circles the embossing - so cool!

Love the stitching and good for you in dragging out your machine. Mine is buried but I hope to have it out to do up some curtains so I'll stitch up a few cards while I'm at it.