Wednesday, June 11, 2008

This is why COFFEE was created!!

After such a crazy day yesterday I was certain today would be better.. right?! Last night my daughter was up until 10:30 packing for her camping trip, and once I got her snuggled into bed, I was up until at least midnight finishing up. OH right, forgot I had baking to do for my little one's tea for the following day.... quickly got that done & thought to be organized I'd get all the lunches made... let's have a smooth morning, shall we? My kids don't sleep in.... you see where this is going, don't you! My oldest had to be at school at 8am so I crawled into bed feeling good about what we got done and drifted off to sleep. I rolled over, looked at the clock, blinked, rubbed my eyes, blinked again... 7:57!!!!!!!!!!!! ACK.... everyone was SOUND ASLEEP! I don't even think *I've* slept in until 8am for WHO KNOWS HOW LONG!!! I jumped outta bed, woke up Megan telling her not to panic but it was time to go, rushed down to get the courtesy car packed (PRAYED IT WOULD START, it did!) and we were out the door in 10 minutes!! OH MY GOODNESS. She was awesome in just staying calm and getting down. Thankfully it was chaos at the school so I dropped her off and sped off back home to collect the other two, who were indeed late for school. I got back home, poured a big cup of coffee & caught my breath. What is WITH this week?! So now I'm dashing off to the tea at my little one's grade one classroom :) TOO CUTE! I found this scrapbook page I had done & thought I could use a little summer sunshine & beach time today! :))))
I hope your day is not as breathless as mine!
.j.

No comments: