Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Relaxation.

It feels good to relax. To be away from the chaos and just relax. :) Today my little guy is going golfing with Daddy (he *loves* playing on the "real, professional course!") and the girls are going to wander downtown. How lovely! As promised, here's a card to share with you. I've lugged all my stamping stuff here (ok, not *ALL* of it) but a couple boxes, so once hubby is off to work, my mom & I will play :) Until then, here's one I did a few weeks ago:

For these types of flowers, I love to use my markers & color directly on the stamp. I also don't recolor each time, but double stamp so I get a "lightened" version of the same image. I used my nestibilites, large scallop rectangle. I am enjoying these. I just ordered the large square so I hope to play with that while I'm here. The corner punches gave me a little color in each corner and I added a few rhinestone gems for some sparkle & shine :) I love ribbon, the SU taffeta ribbon is gorgeous! LOVE IT. I also save all my little bits of ribbon and these little pink pieces worked perfectly on each side of the stamped image. I just tied them directly on the taupe piece.
I hope you find some stamping time too... what are you working on?
.j.

No comments: