Monday, September 22, 2008

The Card.

Here is the card I finally got around to stamping the other day. :) It's for my nephew who is turning 7. I must say I don't have a lot of *boy* stamps that aren't too babyish.... might have to look into that. I used Stampin' Up!'s LOADS OF LOVE for this card and used the accessories set to get that bundle of gifts. I colored it with Copic Markers and drew in the side lines to match the lines in the design paper. I also added a star on the greeting (mostly because I didn't line up perfectly - might have been when my little one's tea spilt on the table...) so I thought it needed a little something in that space. Which of course led to the need of a couple more on the bottom *wink*.
I think I've shown you the card below before. I needed another one for another nephew who was turning 4. Thankfully I had one in the pile of birthday cards that would work! I need to get back on a day of birthday card stamping... and this was my last "boy" one so I best get to it! I used a couple of different cuttlebug embossing folders on this one and cut out the stars to add on with dimensionals for a little 3D effect. I know they're going to be more interested in the money inside , but I can't send a card I'm not happy with :)


Happy Monday - hope this one finds you smilin'!

.j.

No comments: