Thursday, February 26, 2009

bee thanking you

One thing I'm really trying to instill in my kids are thank-you notes. You rarely see them anymore, nor do I even hear about it (except the groan of a new bride that has a list of 100 of them to get through... ugh, I remember those days!) Megan's friend invited her to join her family for a day of snowboarding. WOW, was she ever excited to get out on the slopes again as she's been taking snowboarding lessons with her school (now cross-country skiing). One plus for living north!! She came home bubbling with all kinds of stories (and a sore tail bone!) and while she was away I made a thank-you card for her to give to them that week to thank them for their generosity & kindness. Megan was thrilled. Actually she asked me to make it for her before I even mentioned it which I was so happy about!
This is a card of many layers (too much maybe??) I used the cuttlebug (two different one, didn't really like the first one, so did the next layer as well). Then used my nestibilites to create the embossed square & scallop square. The little bee is from Stampendous. Eyelets are from an assorted stash i have from Stampin' Up! Wow, ribbon on there too! This is a busy card! :) LOL. Megan loved it though, wrote in it & gave it away. So it's all good. What about you? Do you make and give many thank-you cards?
.j.

No comments: