Monday, February 02, 2009

Hello February

Wow - February has arrived already! It's a busy month for us - full of family birthdays. One of which is my oldest girl. She was DUE to arrive on my birthday, but came one week later :) She will be turning 12 and I can hardly believe it. Where does the time go? Reminds me to cherish all the moments as when she turns 24, I'll wonder where 12 went! :)
Her favorite color is {still} purple. Blue is creeping in there, but has yet to overtake first place, so I thought it fitting for her birthday card to be all purples. She is also my reader! If she could do anything - she would curl up on the couch and spend hours starting & finishing a good book! Wherever we go, she has a book with her. I love that she loves reading. She was THRILLED with all the new books she got for Christmas this year.
This stamp image is by pennyblack. I used a ton of punches on this card along with bits & pieces of this & that :) - label punch, tag punch, designer punch, threading water punch... The design paper is a retired pack from Stampin' Up! Funny all the things you find as you start to clean up & clear out your stuff! I added a little bling to the 'make a wish' - to girly it up a little (she's NOT my girly-girl, but sometimes likes a little).
Hope to keep up with the posts this week. Some issues have been piling up so that's been eating up my time. But I am looking forward to finding some stamp time soon!
Enjoy your week!
.j.

No comments: