Sunday, February 08, 2009

Brayer.

It's been some sporadic posts for me of late. Kids not feeling well, hubby on a few days off (finally), and the basics of life have kept me out of the stamps & off the computer! Home from church this morning with little Sarah who's caught a bit of the flu bug. Poor thing. Hopefully a down day will enable her to feel rested & able to go to school tomorrow.
I've seen a lot of cards down with the sunsets using the brayer. I thought I'd give it a try (and not a very good one at that). My results seemed to be quite gloomy (poor color choices I think). I decided to make it into a stormy type sky and turn it into a masculine birthday card. Not my favorite, but an attempt. Sometimes that it's all about - attempts! :)
To do this you need to use glossy cardstock. Here is the link to a great online tutorial if you'd like to give this technique a try yourself.
http://paperpleasing.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/09/the-easy-sunset-tutorial.html
Hope you had a great weekend. Had a bit of a warmer day yesterday and we had tons of fun sledding in the trails! :) Enjoy your Sunday...
.j.

No comments: