Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Do you love your crockpot?

I love mine. Seriously. To be able to make something the night before or that morning, turn it on and then walk away only to sit down to a yummy meal that feeds my whole family with ONE pot to clean?! Amazing. So, from my good friend Julie (HEY JULIE!!) came this recipe that my family devours when I make it and continually tell me never to loose the recipe! It's easy. I say.. go grab your crockpot!!

Ham & Scallop Potato Casserole
In crockpot put:
5 (or more) potatoes (sliced thinly)
1 cup diced onions
1 cup cheddar cheese
1 cup peas
2 cups diced ham (cooked)
In a pot, whisk together:
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp. salt
Pepper to taste
2 cups milk
Stir this until it boils & thickens. Pour over potato & ham mixture. Stir.
Now she didn't give me any time for the recipe (I should really ask her) but I just put it on low in the morning and it's perfect by supper time. So, I'd say on LOW for 8-10 hrs. The house will smell yummy too!!
Enjoy!

Also wanted to say thanks to you all for your well wishes on our family adventure. It feels so good to have a dream and finally just GO FOR IT! Love that "makin' happen" feeling!!! And yes... FOR SURE... I will still be posting while we're away. :)
.j.

No comments: