Monday, April 06, 2009

Shopabella.

My friend is having a birthday soon, and she Loves, LOVes, LOVES to shop! Thought this was the perfect image to use from stamping bella! I went crazy for awhile there and bought up a bunch of these images. Great for coloring (I used my Copics for this one) and also great for paper piecing - have you tried that technique before? I'm still trying to use up my bins of scraps and decided to find a design piece that I was going to use & then matched my coloring to that. The stamp is by Stampin' Up and the sentiment is a rub on by deja view. Still loving my threading water punch by fiskars (THANK YOU MOM!!) and you'll see it pop up often. I find it gives us a girly feel to cards. A little lace ;-)
It's a simple card with layers, couple of black brads... and done. Coloring always takes time, so then I find I keep the other elements simple. Enjoy your new week. We'll be busy packing (I hope), only have hubby off work a few days before he has to work a straight 18 shift - ugh! So I'll work him hard with packing while he's here! :)
.j.

1 comment:

QuiltNut Creations said...

this is fabulous! love it Jen