Monday, November 19, 2007

A Challenge & Christmas #6

And the Christmas cards KEEP ON COMING! :) Marie posts a challenge every other week and I love participating in them. For her most recent challenge, click here. She mixed it up a bit this time & instead of posting a sketch, she posted a *challenge*... one of my FAVORITE techniques - cracked glass. Seeing as I was on the Christmas trend, I thought I'd keep within my *theme*. So here's my card!

Stamps - Solemn Stillness, Weathered
Ink - Palette Black Noir, Close to Cocoa, Always Artichoke
Paper - Always Artichoke, Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Basic Grey DS Paper
Accessories - Vintage Brads, True Thyme stitched ribbon, Cuttlebug Snowflake, Dazzling Diamonds, Air Art Tool, Close to Cocoa Marker, Glassy Glaze, Sewing Machine.
Here's a Close up of the "cracked glass" image:

I have seen other stampers stitch their cards with *snippets* here & there and I thought it looked very cool. I love the stitching (could ya tell! LOL) as it gives it a great homey feel which I love. Christmas is the perfect season for that homey-cozy feel! So I gave it a try on this card & really liked how it came out. I just got the little snowflake cutter for my cuttlebug machine and thought I'd use some of my coasters to make my own snowflake chipboard.... a little two way glue & dazzling diamonds gave the card some glitter festiveness. I really like how it turned out.

Thanks for the challenge Marie!
.j.

3 comments:

MarieK said...

Love the "snippets"! This is a great card and all the "stuff" you've added to it make it even better. I never thought to put brads through cracked glass before.

Another card to CASE! Thanks for playing along with the current challenge!

Anonymous said...

Your cards are all beautifull ! I also love making cards with stamping . I'll have a look on the challenge .

QuiltNut Creations said...

love this!