Saturday, January 12, 2008

Eventful Scrappin'

I'm feeling the need to scrapbook. I've been a collector the last while or else scrappin' for gifts & others.... and not really at all for myself. This year I really want to get back into the swing of scrapbooking. I'm never "behind" as I don't scrapbook EVERYTHING. I started that way and I really should pull out those albums and figure out if I want to keep going that way or convert. I'm thinking I'd like to convert :) I started scrapbooking after my kids were older (OK, by older, I mean past the baby stage, but still under 5) and after trying to go back and "catch-up" I realized I was always feeling like I had SO MUCH to do and it zapped me of my creativity. SO... then I started doing little albums for grandparents & friends and I loved how quickly those little books came together. Then I thought I should start that myself and get out of the "BOX" that I created for myself that scrapbooking meant I had to start at the beginning and go all through each and every stage of life. SO this year I'm starting with fresh perspective. I thought I'd do a few albums of varying sizes in themes: Christmas, Birthday, Family Moments..... I did a scrapbook for my mom one Christmas that was a album and a couple of pages and then each month I created a 6x6 page for her about something that happened that month. I love going over and flipping through that album, so I'd like to do a 2008 one just for me :) One event in a month that stood out. It's time to blow the dust off my supplies.... and scrap!
I thought I'd share with you a card for a birthday party. Sarah's off to a zoo-themed birthday party this afternoon so I thought ZOOFARI would be the perfect set to use :)

Stamps - zoofari & birthday banter
Inks - palette black noir, rose red
Paper - bashful blue, chocolate chip, whisper white & rose red
Other - ribbon (assorted companies), pink rhinestone, cuttlebug, word window punch, prismacolor pencils.

No comments: