Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Goodbye.

Today is our sad day as Daddy leaves for work (commuting to another province for work isn't working so much.... guess my next title needs to be "change.") :) We miss him dreadfully when he's gone. Lots to do while he's gone with going through my stamping space.... gotta be tough and get rid of items I'm not using ... plus I can put it towards the camera I'm REALLY wanting (that goal might help me 'let go' of other goodies)! Here's a card I made quite awhile ago. I can't say it's my design by any means as I found the card in a "Take Ten" book I purchased a few years ago. It's actually made on whisper white cardstock and I achieved those colors by sponging on assorted colors (summer sun, more mustard, creamy caramel...) I actually made a bunch of these at one time and my hand got tired of all that sponging! Then I used Watercolor Garden II which is one of my favorite 2-step stamping sets by Stampin' Up! I used retired Eggplant Envy for the flowers. A flat card, with the only detail being the black grosgrain ribbon, but it caught my attention in the book & I had to recreate it :)

3 comments:

Kimmer said...

I'm anxiously awaiting that stamp sale!! Keep me posted!

QuiltNut Creations said...

very pretty

my dh travels as well, nothing like he used to. he's usually only gone 1 week/month now

MarieK said...

HI Jen!

Great card - I love the colour combo and the stamps!