Saturday, November 01, 2008

blooming pink

I know typically (back in MY day - LOL) red & pink were a no-no color combo. Well, at least for clothing. I was *not* a fashion child (funny how I carried that with me... hmmmm..) but even I knew the two rules - no pink/red and no black/navy... :) The things that stick in ones memory -- odd. This large stamp from SU has been giving me a little trouble -- just creatively not workin' for me. Guess I need to google it or head over to SCS & check out some ideas. I saw this card layout though & thought I'd try it with this card... and.... I do like the results. Quite a bit BOLDER than I typically do, but I think it works. Lots of layers & textures - which I love. OHHHHh.. I got an order the other day from Ellen Hutson and got my hand on some dew drops. Whoa. LOVE 'em... can't wait to play. I've got a busy week, but soon you'll see 'em here! LOL. Ok, side-tracked there. The card - ran the base through the cuttlebug, then made some scallop strips with my slit punch in pink (bazil cardstock) and old olive. Still have some *very* old SU designer paper that I'm needing to use up - so thought the pink polka dots would work. Then the layered label is actually there do to a stamping error. Ack. Hate that when that happen. Stamped a lovely 'thank you' across the flower stems at the bottom and got a line from the rubbah rockin' - so ... a layered sentiment it is. I added a little black strip layer down the one side and a couple corner photo punches - and *finally* called it done. I stamped the image with Stampin' Write markers. I love to use these on flower stamps so I can add highlighted colors & green stems :)

Trust you are enjoying your weekend -- a guiltlessly dipping into your children's halloween candy! mmmmmm......
.j.

No comments: