Monday, November 24, 2008

Good Morning Monday!

Crazy weekend! Two sleepovers, extra kids, sledding, hockey, soccer, church.... whew! We made it. It's never a good thing when Monday arrives & you're already tired! I'll head off to the gym with hubby this morning & hopefully get pumped up & energized for the week! :) At least burn off the extra goodies I munched & grabbed to make it through the weekend!
I finally sat down over the weekend and put together some cards with the stamped images I had colored the week before. I bought some new stamps (well, new to me) by Whipper Snapper. I had NONE of their stamps before, and am a happy owner of a *few* now. They are the perfect stamps for coloring! I knew I had to make some Christmas thank-you cards. With us not travelling this year (the first time in FOURTEEN YEARS!!!) I thought I should have some cards ready for the kids to sign & mail off to thank those that send them gifts this year. I'm making all different designs, but I love this little penguin! And I finally used my DEW DROPS! Aren't they yummy? Of course now that I've played with them I think I "NEED" the blue/green variety as well! Why does that always happen?!
So here's the card. I used the snowflake stamp (retired from SU now) and mounted it on white & then punched it out with the larger circle punch and then once more with the scallop circle punch. I also used the slit punch for the scallop lower border (is it a border if it's on the bottom? hmmm.....) and the crop-o-dile for the holes so that they were all lined up. Love that little feature! I ran the base of the card through the snowflake cuttlebug embossing folder and the bottom sentiment is a rub on from dejaviews. I think those are all the deets. I loved this color combo! Tempting turquoise, pretty in pink, real red & a touch of certainly celery. Feels fresh & crisp -- just like the air outside!!
OK - who has their Christmas tree up already? I think we're going to do it this weekend -- I think it's time!! :)
Enjoy your Monday!
.j.

No comments: