Friday, November 07, 2008

Thankful.

What are you thankful for? I remember hearing of a lady that had a "thankful book" and before bed each night she wrote down 5 things she was thankful for. At first it was easy - health, sunshine, shelter, food, clothing.... but after awhile, it took a lot of effort. She really had to think, ponder -- what am I thankful for *this* day, in *this* moment. That is when she began to grow. When she took the time to think about her day - the smell of a rose, the "streakless" window{LOL}.... the little things that often pass us by. I thought it was a great idea. Thanksgiving has come and gone in Canada, but I know our US friends are just preparing... and for us it's another reminder - to be thankful.
I saw these two colors on my mess of a table and they caught my eye. Elegant Eggplant and Rose Red -- eww.... but then I though - YUMMY... love that contrast. SO.... I gave it a try. :)
What do you think?
.j.

No comments: