Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Shakin' Birthday!

Another shaker card to share with you. This is using 'Take The Cake' stamp set from MFT (My Favorite Stamps). If I'm stumped for ideas & inspiration I often google card sketches - I found this card sketch on one of those hunts.
The base is Almost Amethyst - one of my favorite SU colors! I ran it through my favorite (at this moment) cuttlebug folder Swiss Dots. I don't have the scallop punches so I use my slit punch to make the scallop border. If you don't mind the little bit of time, it's $7.50 instead of $19.95 ;) Then I'm still in my USE IT UP MODE and I pulled out my diamond brads (from the old SU Vintage Brads) that are NOT my favorite, but seem to work with this card. The sentiment 'birthday wishes' is a rub on. I find that stamps don't stamp well & clear on the textured cardstock, so I always grab my rub ons for that.
Enjoy your day!
.j.

No comments: