Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My Monkey.

My oldest daughter loves monkeys! She fell in love with this stamp when I showed it to her. I've searched my stash for a 'hang in there' sentiment with no luck -- guess I'm on the hunt for the perfect one to go with this guy. Yes, another Whipper Snapper - it was a great mail day when all these arrived! This was a simple, simple card... but I tend to go simple for boys. Cuttlebug was used to give me texture on both the base & the side panel. I colored the monkey in with my Copic markers, mounted him on Old Olive cardstock. I love to use the perfect layers ruler. It's a must have in my stamping stash. When I have all my things around me, that gadget is close! I love that I can just adhere my colored image on my layered color choice, grab the ruler & my exacto knife, decide the size of my mat ( I usually do 1/8" or 1/16") & cut it perfect every time. No more eyeballing & trying to rip it apart when I've realized I didn't have it lined up perfectly! :) Fantastic!
I used the 'make a wish' sentiment by MFT and the window punch to "cut" it out. A couple brads at the top to balance it all out... and... done! Putting together cards with the images already colored sure does make it feel quick & simple! :)
Middle of the week -- how ya doing?! How's the Christmas prep coming?
.j.

1 comment:

QuiltNut Creations said...

love how you've used two different folders for the background. great card!