Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Hiding a mistake

I hate it when I stamp & I mess up. It either doesn't ink properly or I drop the stamp.... Well this little mouse had everything going for him BUT the little flower on top of his hat didn't stamp well. So... I found a little prima flower & used it to 'hide my mistake'... and... it works! It's funny how sometimes I like the mistake touch up better than my original plan! :) My youngest daughter's favorite color is orange. Always has been - ever since she could say her colors -- orange was hers! So.. her room is orange (accessories only!! No orange walls!), her clothes are orange, her blankets, yup - orange. When I walk into her classroom & she asks me to pick out which picture is hers... It's always the one with orange! :) So when I'm out shopping for supplies to stamp/scrap I am drawn to oranges. I KNOW they will be used!! She is slowly allowing pink to be her second choice so I'm happy that the pink/orange combo go nicely together. This is another Whipper Snapper stamp....
My kids loved this little mouse and thought it was cute he "even had icing on his hands!" :) My number one cards are birthday cards.... so I thought this little guy could help replenish my birthday card stash! The process on this one... ran the base through the cuttlebug, and the pumpkin pie designers paper is from Stampin' Up!. I got a new set of stamps by Clear Expressions (by Hampton Art) called Birthday Best & that's where the sentiment is from. I'm looking forward to playing with this new set & seeing what I can come up with :) Accessories are some organdy ribbon (stampin' up!) and large flower eyelets, pink (stampin' up!), flower is from prima & the little yellow brad was from my stash -- unknown! I finally got all my brads/eyelets organized! Feels good to go to that basket & have it all there organized! I colored on my new fav Neenah paper with my Copic makers. I'm hoping Santa brings me a few new colors! :)
.j.

No comments: