Saturday, November 15, 2008

Busy Weekend.

Looks like it's going to be a busy weekend, but I'm happy to say... my Christmas cards are ALL DONE! Just addressing envelopes now! WHEW! Feels great -- I'll get those out at the end of the month -- I think I have about 30 going out this year -- what about you? I've got a good handle on my Christmas shopping too -- getting there. My goal is to try and be mostly done by the end of the month so December can be full of baking & activities with the kids :) Not fretting about buying & getting to the mall.... this will be new for me! LOL.


I also hope to stamp & have a few more things to share with you, but for the weekend, I'll share a recipe with you -- some comfort treats :) If you have a bread machine this is SO easy. Mine broke (I only used it for dough anyway).... if not, you'll have to make the dough on your own, but - it is worth it :)


ORANGE BUBBLE BREAD

1 cup 2% milk

1/4 cup butter

1/4 cup granulated sugar

1/4 cup water

1 tsp. salt

4 cup bread flour ( I just use unbleached all-purpose)

2-1/2 tsp. yeast

1 large egg, lightly beaten

1/2cup granulated sugar

2 TBPS. grated orange rind

1/4 cup butter, melted

Cooking spray

1/2 cup powdered sugar

1 TBSP. orange juice


THE Process -----

Combine first 5 ingredients in a 2-cup glass measure. Microwave at high for 3 min. Cool 5 min. Follow manufacturer's instructions for placing milk mixture, flour, yeast & egg into bread machine, & select dough cycle. Start machine. I'm going to give this a try with the regular "old-fashioned" bread making process -- I'll let you know how it goes.

Remove dough from machine (do not bake!). Turn the dough out onto a floured surface, & knead 30 sec. Cover dough, let rest 10 min. Divide the dough into 24 equal portions, shaping each into a ball. Cover remaining dough to keep from drying). Combine 1/2 cup granulated sugar & rind. Dip each ball into 1/4 cup melted butter, & roll in sugar mixture. Place balls in bottom of a 10" tube pan (I've also used a bundt pan) coated with cooking spray. Cover & let rise in a warm place (oven with the light on is good), Free from drafts, 45 min. or until double is size.
preheat oven to 350 degrees

Bake at 350 for 35 min. Cool in pan 5 min. on a wire rack' remove bread from pan. Cool bread 15 min on wire rack.

combine 1/2 cup powdered sugar & orange juice. Drizzle mixture over loaf, and serve warm.

YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!

.j.

No comments: