Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Chocolate Chunk Granola Bars

I know many schools (ours included) is peanut-free. So this homemade goodies are for home, not school. They are so yummy though & I love making my own and knowing there's no preservatives or 17 letter words in the ingredients! I make them up & then cut them into granola-sized bars and wrap them individually in wax-paper. Easy to grab & go! Hubby loves these in his lunch... and yes... I make his lunch each day along with the kids :)
Chocolate Chunk Granola Bars
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar (I only use 3/4cup... always trying to cut down on sugars!)
2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened
1/2 cup light corn syrup
2 tsp vanilla
3 cups quaker oats
6oz chocolate (I just use a cup of chocolate chips)
3/4 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup raisins
1/3 cup wheat germ
***Heat oven to 350. Beat br. sugar, peanut butter & marg. until fluffy. Add corn syrup & vanilla; mix well. Stir in oats, chocolate, coconut, raisins & wheat germ. Press onto bottom of UNgreased 9x13 baking pan. Bake 15-20 min. Chill 1-1/2 hours (I put it on a rack in the fridge) or until firm. Store loosely covered.
Enjoy!
Still working on Christmas baking here... doing up a variety of scones... perfect for breakfast with some fruit or even lunch with some yogurt & cheeses... or afternoon tea! :)
.j.

No comments: