Monday, December 08, 2008

Evolving Monkey

I say evolving because it was "one of those cards". I started with one idea and ended up with something completely different -- does that happen to you? I started with the basic grey cardstock (stampin' up!) and the number embossing folder (cuttlebug) thinking I'd make a birthday card for my nephew. Ok, well, it's still going to be for my nephew, but not what I was thinking. I was going to try & highlight the '2'... and then it didn't really end up where I wanted it ... and so it went. I'm happy with how it turned out. It just slowly evolved. Added eyelets, then added the image, found some ribbon, and a lone star vellum tag & then thought I should add stars to the image...
Over the weekend I also got a page or two done on the journal so I hope to post a pic in the next day or two (camera battery died today - hate that!). So... stay tuned for those photos as well. Other than that I didn't get much stamping done -- lots of family time though -- and isn't that what weekends are all about? :)
enjoy your Monday,
.j.

No comments: