Monday, December 22, 2008

Day 10 still coming... here's Day 11

Well... it's our Christmas Eve today. Which for us means a night of appies and the kids get to each open up their one present. Only our oldest (nearly 12 yrs old) has figured out that every year this is new PJs :) So nice to put on new jammies to wake up "Christmas morning" and cozy in all day... well, at least all morning. This year I even washed them before wrapping them (hope they fit!!) so that they would be clean & soft!
Day 11 for me was a tricky one. The original page I had created (back in November) for day 11 just wouldn't work. I couldn't figure out how to use it so... I took it out & started from scratch. The moment I wanted to capture was a spontaneous family movie night. I had spent the whole day baking so the kitchen was a mess and the table was filled with treats & goodies. No space for dinner. I had make pizza dough & thought I'd make up some pizza. We put on Santa Clause and enjoyed a moment together... the kids were excited as this doesn't typically happen on a school night!! I stamped a overhead sheet actually, with white stazon and put it in as an overly (and it's one page). Then I enlarged and printed off the photo of the kids & Daddy hanging on the couch in black & white. I used stampin' up rub-ons again for the joy and saved some gems from the original page to place along the bottom. The journalling on the back of this page includes the date - so you can't see the 11 on the front of this page, but it's still recorded :)

'twas the night before {our} Christmas....

.j.

1 comment:

Yummers! said...

I really like you page and the way you approached it. I need to use more black and white photos. I don't think I have one in my December album. Maybe tomorrow... I just put together today's pages.

Thanks for the nudge. I'll give it a try.
Joni