Friday, December 19, 2008

Day 8

What an exciting day! last day of school before Christmas break, Grandma & Grandpa arrive at the airport this afternoon & we are officially ready to start our family Christmas! Funny how the house can be decorated, the baking can be done, the snow falling... but it's the coming together of family for me, that makes it feel like Christmas. It was the best gift when my Mom's hubby said they'd come for Christmas -- being so far away from everyone I thought we'd be alone for Christmas, so this is for me, very special!!
Day 8 was a quiet day, but a I was slowly unpacking more boxes (I know, you're shaking your head at me thinking... SERIOUSLY... MORE BOXES!!!) we found a box of games that had yet to be unpacked. The kids were delighted to see some old favorites. Joshua & Sarah spent the afternoon playing games -- it was so sweet. For this page I used a few different 'letters' - chipboard "thickers" (red) some flat stickers by Karen Foster (white), some pewter mini circle letters by Memory Makers and rub-ons (unknown). I even added my own handwriting again... not doing it very often but now & then I am :)

I hope you're finding your own quiet moments in the busy time ....

Merry Christmas,

.j.

No comments: